Japanese Calligraphy Experience with Miike Sensei
In addition to teaching regular classes in calligraphy, Miike Sensei (teacher) has also done many commercial projects and art works. He will explain a bit about the art form and guide you on how to make basic strokes, before helping you choose a Japanese character to practice on.
After getting a feel for writing the characters, we will then recreate our characters on a Japanese summer fan that you can take home. When the lesson is finished, we will photograph you with your creation in the Japanese tatami room and then have some refreshments and snacks while watching Miike Sensei create an artistic work! Miike Sensei will also prepare a special souvenir for everyone!
In order to make sure Miike Sensei can spend time working with each student, we have limited the number of students for this workshop to 7 persons.
Please join us for a fun afternoon! All materials will be provided. English translation provided throughout the workshop.
Meeting at the West Exit of Kamakura Station at 13:45 to arrive at the workshop before 2pm.
(if you are late, then follow the directions on the directions at the bottom or call the workshop number for directions)
- Classes will be held in a traditional Japanese house around a large dining table rather than sitting on the floor.
- Although spills are rare, if you are worried about your clothing, please bring some old clothes to change into. We will provide wipes, etc. for hands and table area.
- Attendees should be 18 years old or older. If accompanied by a participating parent, we accept students 12 and older.
- Feel free to photograph before and after the lessons, but be considerate of other members.
- Cancellation: We accept cancellations up to 1 week before the event. If your schedule changes later than that, you can transfer your ticket to a friend, or reschedule for an upcoming class. We cannot do refunds after the one-week period has passed. Thank-you for your understanding.
「Japanese Calligraphy Experiense with Miike Sensei」
- Date Sat. 29 July 2017 1pm - 3pm
- Meeting Point JR Kamakura station West Gate 13:45
- Place Fukuno Kouji -福乃小路- Onarimachi 6-12, Kamakura-Shi Kanagawa
- Teacher Katsuhiro Miike https://katsuhiromiike.jimdo.com
- Fee 7,500yen with snacks and Special Souvenior made by Miike Sensei
- Host QK-Kamakura http://qk-kamakura.com/ https://www.facebook.com/qkkamakura/
- Inquiry QK- Kamakura http://qk-kamakura.com/contact/
Add to Calendar
Sat Jul 29, 2017
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM JST
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM JST
- Fukuno Kouji 福乃小路
On sale until Jul 28, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Combini / ATM payment will be closed at the end of Jul 27, 2017.
- Venue Address
- 神奈川県鎌倉市御成町6-12 Japan
Exit Kamakura Station at the West Exit and follow the photo instructions at the bottom of the event. If you are confused or lost, please call 090-1553-4938.
QK Kamakura3 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?